We're committed to providing our customers quality products and a high level of customer service. If at any time you would like to make a complaint, we encourage you to do so.

How to make a complaint

If you have a complaint about a product or service you've received from us, please let us know. Your satisfaction is very important to us. Upon receiving your complaint, our team will aim to resolve it within five working days.

If more time is needed to find a resolution, we'll let you know. Once an action has been determined, we'll communicate this to you within 30 calendar days of receiving your complaint.

If the complaint is credit related, and involves default or hardship notices, or a request to postpone enforcement proceedings, we'll get back to you within 21 days of receiving your complaint.

Should you not be satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you can get in touch with our Complaints Officer by calling 1300 221 479, sending us secure mail via Internet Banking, or in writing addressed to:

The Complaints Officer
Heartland Bank
PO Box 18134


If you choose to make your complaint verbally, we may ask for additional information and request that you also document your complaint in writing to allow us to investigate it thoroughly. We're happy to assist you in putting through your complaint in writing, we just ask that you give us consent to its accuracy before we progress.

Free of charge

We will not charge you for this service, however standard charges could apply if we need to provide copies of your previous transactions or need to supply documents from our archive when requested by you. You can find these fees outlined on the Fees & Charges schedule.

Other options

There may be more specific legislation or codes that apply to your complaint, or you may have already instigated legal proceedings before you chose to refer the matter to us.

We may still recommend that you lodge a complaint with us, to see if the matter is more quickly resolved through this process.

Our participation in the internal complaints and dispute resolution procedure is not a waiver of any rights under any law or contract between you and us.

What if a final resolution cannot be achieved?

If you're still not satisfied, you can contact the Australian Financial Complaints Authority which is our external dispute resolution scheme, or the Federal Privacy Commissioner. Either of these entities may forward your complaint to another external dispute resolution entity if it considers the complaint would be better handled by that other entity.

Australian Financial Complaints Authority
Post: GPO Box 3, Melbourne VIC 3001
Telephone: 1800 931 678 (Free call)
Website: www.afca.org.au
Email: [email protected]
Office of the Information Commissioner
Post: GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992
Website: www.oaic.gov.au

Third-party products

If your complaint relates to a third-party product or service acquired through us, we may ask you to contact the relevant third party. They will deal with your complaint under their complaints resolution process.

If you are not satisfied with their resolution process, you are entitled to have your dispute considered by their External Dispute Resolution Scheme. Please contact the relevant third party for further details.